View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 08:12 AM   #11
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskon View Post
I have a 2017 Camaro 2SS (no 6 piston upgrade) and am planning on driving it this winter. I am in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada so the winters definitely have snow. Need some guidance on where to go with wheels and tires. My dealer isn't listing anything for 18 inch wheel packages for my vehicle what should I do?

I've heard its better to go smaller/skinnier/more sidewall-ier (i know i know, not a mechanical person at all). What are your opinions? I'm lost and really want to be prepared not stressing last minute to prep my vehicle for the winter. All help and information much appreciated!

Fellow Canadian here. Originally from Toronto but lives in Alberta now. I use Nokian Hakka 8 studded tires on RS rims so 245/40/20 on all 4 corners.

Since studs are banned in southern Ontario I'd recommend Nokian R2 or Hakka 7's non studded.

Read some reviews on Nokians. Youll have a ton of confidence with them in the winter. I drove from Alberta to Ontario in December and back in February with mine and saw all kinds of horrible weather on the trip. No issues whatsoever.