View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #17
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
It's been several weeks now, several washes later, etc. - it still looks like it did on day one. No long term issues for me but, make sure you rinse it well (especially around the seams of the hood vents) and wash it with PH neutral soap at least 2x after. Since it's acidic, use at your own risk... I am not familiar with the XPEL or ceramic coating as I don't have either... but I would be a little surprised if it was a problem once cured. You might Google the type of acid in it for reactivity or, try their customer support? I can say, don't ever use this stuff on glass that has Rain-x on it. Learned that lesson the hard way with my previous car - it pitted the glass somehow with the combination, even after a rinse.

Good luck. The pictures in my profile were taken a few weeks after using it, they're in HD and pretty good close ups. If you can, post back and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the feedback! I will be using Adams soap just like you so I assume I will be good then. Thinking of using trash bags to line the front bumper from under the hood to keep the wash off the Xpel just incase, then doing a very thorough soapy wash on the entire car when I'm done. You've got me scared with the Rain X comment too lol. I have been using Rain X cleaner/repellant (not the actual long lasting stuff) so maybe I should give a few more washes to make sure I get all of that off the windshield.