View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #17
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I can't see how we would have both. I'd guess the Z/28 before the ZL1. I think we learned the 5th gen ZL1 was going to be a Z/28 until it was deemed that a Z/28 could not be a S/C'd engine based on the heritage of the model. The ZL1 was kind of a fix it model name and really is a hybrid car much different than the original ZL1 in 1969. I can't see the 6th gen having two $60k + performance models.
I'm OK with the current ZL1 making a name for itself. For it to be totally true to the original it would be a straight line barnstormer only. They did a heck of a job giving it 580HP and the handling capability that it has. An LT4 powered Camaro would be a damn fine motor to continue that tradition. Hopefully the huge success of the fifth gen and the rave reviews of the Z/28 were enough to make a case for a high horsepower NA motor. It's the only piece missing from the puzzle. We know the platform is more than capable and that they would have zero trouble taking the handling up a few thousand notches.