View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 11:40 AM   #13
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
While I understand your concern and do think you should be able to back out and get your deposit back, I'm not sure that aluminum surface oxidation can be called a quality issue, nor do I think that would cause any issues down the road. Your expectation does put the dealer in a bit of a bad position, since there's not really a clear spec on what's considered normal for the engine bay and underside aluminum components. What you consider acceptable, I may call unacceptable and where does the line get drawn?

I recall folks being disappointed in the cast aluminum strut towers, since the surface finish was not as good as stamped steel strut towers. The cast aluminum towers have significant advantages (although not from a surface finish perspective). My point here is that we don't know the spec and some may consider the cast hardware "too rough."

At the end of the day, if you perceive there to be a quality issue or imperfection in the car, I think you should be able to get your deposit back. In future, to avoid this scenario, it might be good to get in writing that you can get any deposit back for imperfections considered unacceptable at that time the car is inspected.

Good luck!!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote