View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 05:48 PM   #11840
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
I always have a dashcam in my vehicles. This was just the other day.

Minor damage to the 1LE lip only, ceramic coat protected the paint.

Also, contrary to TXSSCU: I was side-swiped by another car in my nearly brand new 3500 dually years ago. The actual impact wasn't even on camera, but it DID show I was maintaining my lane. My insurance took one look at it and immediately declared I wasn't at fault.
Sure, they declared you weren't at fault, but did they try to go after the other driver? My insurance chalked my little gravel incident as a "hit and run" and while they claimed I wasn't at fault, I still had to pay my "uninsured/underinsured" deductible, which was my point about dashcam videos. They aren't going to try to go after the other driver, even if you can provide them a license plate, (which in my case I did) as it's just cheaper for them to take your money and get it fixed. I would suspect that they would have also taken your word for it without dashcam footage and just chalked it up to "uninsured/underinsured".

Irregardless, (you troll me, I troll you. ) I feel a little safer with a dashcam. I wish I had good things to say about the Owlcam in my car, but I was trying to view footage the other day while it was parked, and it gave me an "overtemp" error the other day. If it can't handle 80 degree days, it's sure going to hate Texas summers...
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote