View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 08:42 AM   #11
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
So in order it goes:

-Stock exhaust (embarrassingly quiet)
-Borla Atak axle back (noticeably louder and deeper. Turned out not to be enough)
-Secondary Cat delete (more noticeable loudness on WOT or heavier throttle. Added more rasp that I’m not a huuuuge fan of but it wasn’t a deal breaker)
-Supercharger (not exhaust, I know, but it added a good bit of sound when I get on it)
-MF X Pipe (took away most, if not all, rasp. Took away higher pitched sounds and I think that’s where the “sounds deeper” comments come from. But it didn’t increase depth in my opinion. I guess addition by subtraction. Regardless, it made the whole system quieter which was no bueno)
-MBRP SS cat back race exhaust (louder than ****. The quad tips look dope. Sounds extra crazy with the supercharger)
Gotcha. So I guess the take away here is that the resonated x-pipe (regardless of the setup) makes the sound a little smoother and less raspy and/or hight pitched. Giving it a somewhat quieter and slightly deeper sound. That's probably not for me then, considering my Flowmaster axle back already has a deeper type sound, but just needs a tad more volumn IMO. Adding the x-pipe might actually make it sound a little to deep, and then also being a tad quieter, it might sound a little odd for a V6 with just an axle back I'm thinking.

Thanks for all the info. It's been a big help
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote