View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 06:21 AM   #3
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
I don't think its because no one cares but more so that this issue has been posted numerous times and no one has a definitive answer to give. Solutions that may or may not help have been battery replacements, starter replacements, wrapping starter with heat shield and battery cable replacements. To date the results for these remedies has been a mixed bag.

I have this issue any time I have a hot start after a series of short trips such as the second or third stop at the bank or a store where the car is only off for a few minutes. So far I have had some very slow cranks but it has always found a way to start. It does not give me confidence in the car's ability to start though. I try to arrange my trips to avoid doing a series of short stops. I have also noticed that more people with 2016's post about this than others. I didn't start having the slow starts until about one year of ownership. I now have 2.5 years of ownership and 18K miles - original battery, starter - etc.

I have not taken mine to the dealership because I'm sure I will get the all is normal answer. Although I should probably do that before the 36 month part of the warranty expires.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote