View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #23
douglas2742

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Do not be surprised. Also could be a smaller ICE with strong electric motors. Check out the Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid. http://www.motortrend.com/cars/porsc...id-first-ride/

671 combined hp (ICE + eMotors) .... 0-60 in 3.2s. Even a ZL1 will be in for a surprise pulling up to the light with one of these discreet killers at a SoCal stoplight.

Then there is the Tesla Model S and the soon to come Faraday Future 991. Pure electrics that can achieve sub-3s 0-60 if the conditions are right (sufficient state of charge, ambient temperature, electric drive system temperature, etc). I've driven a Model S P90D. Acceleration is faster and much different than my SS convertible. Car is a hoot to drive.
But without the intoxicating sound of the V8? Not interested - hearing my car's exhaust tone is as important to me as rapid acceleration. Whomever comes up with an integrated sound box for the electrics that mimics the internal combustion music is gong to make a fortune!
1SS, Recaro seats, A8 w/paddle shift extensions, NPP, Magnuson 2300 supercharger, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and x-pipe, factory handling kit, Phastek lowering springs, Alpine sound system w/JL sub, Lexani custom 21" wheels, Michelin Super Sport 4S tires, Bigwormgraphix striping, Chevy Performance Brembo big brake kit, darkened taillights and Remin carbon fiber dash kit.

douglas2742 is offline   Reply With Quote