View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 02:02 PM   #129
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The auto was revving in a better powerband when it hit that point...Also keep in mind all the aero equipment and downforce this car generates, and that section is modestly up hill....Doesn't surprise me a bit it wasn't as fast at the top-end.

And this will be the last time I quote myself, today....I TOTALLY called it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Well...they say the ZL1 1LE can drop lap times around Milford Road Course (MRC) by about 3 seconds...Milford replicates some of the best tracks in the world, including the Nordschliefe and Spring Mountain.

We know the ZL1 did a 1:53.xx around MRC, and a 7:29.60 on the Nuburgring.

We also know the Gen 5 ZL1 did a lap time at MRC of 1:56.58, and 7:41.27 around the 'Ring.

Having a car that has produced a documented lap at both tracks with the same driver (2012 ZL1)...we can create a factor, check it against the 2017 ZL1's performances...and apply it to the new ZL1 1LE's estimated Milford Road Course time of 1:50.xx, to get a best guess and a margin of error...

After doing some maths...

My prediction is: 7:15.27 - 7:17.68 (+/-2 seconds).
Quote:
...I'd LOVE to see a Nurburgring time....Given how hardcore they are billing it as, I don't doubt we'll get something. Fingers crossed that it's dry the whole time!

...for whatever it's worth...I'm guessing 7:16 +/- 3 seconds.
Quote:
3 seconds faster around Milford Road Course was the advertised improvement, which is a 2.9 mi. track...at that length, 3 seconds faster is ages.

On the Ring, that translates to somewhere around 12-16 seconds.