View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Cost of new Camaro - Stop the whining please.

I don't care if they make $100K Camaro and why should any of you? We should all be rooting for Team Camaro to continue to push the performance envelope regardless of the top end cost. The technology of the Gen5 ZL1 made its way into the SS in Gen6 and the Gen5 Z/28 is the baseline of the Gen6 ZL1. The bottom line is the glass ceiling of the Camaro has been removed and now Team Camaro has been told to make the best line of Camaro's possible with the base still accessible in the $20's for those in that financial position all the way up to what I expect to be a low $80's top of the line, top performance Camaro. I go over to the Corvette site and NO ONE IS COMPLAINING about the cost of the Z06. They all want the Corvette brand to be pushed to its best. Some will not be able to afford the top end car but that is not stopping all of them rooting for the best Corvette possible. Why can't the Camaro community be the same? Why do we bitch and complain about the price just because we might not be able to afford it? We should all want Team Camaro to build the best possible Camaro as long as they keep a trim level that allows for younger buyers to still get into the car to start their own personal love affair. I am over people worrying about the cost of this car. If you can't afford it, don't bitch that they are making it. Be happy that the next Gen will most likely be better and cheaper because of the higher end product in the current Gen just like the Gen5 high end has made the lower end Gen6 a better Camaro.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote