View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 04:09 PM   #6
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18.2SS.1LE View Post
Stock cars get boring, time for some upgrades.
Haha I can't completely argue with that. The problem I'm having is the 1le actually feels a little less fun than my non-1le SS did. When I put my foot down in the 1le it actually feels like i'm going slower than I did in my standard SS even though I know for a fact I'm not going slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
The grass isn't always greener on the other side, just different.

I'm currently in the process of getting a ZL1, which if I couldn't, I would probably be quite happy in a GT350, but I would have tried to find a 1/2SS 1LE before getting the Ford. Buddy of mine at work has a bolt-ons & tuned PP2 '19 GT and the tramlining, hood flutter, and shifting into 2nd at redline issues are real.
I choose the 1LE over the GT350 last year but I kinda feel like I made a mistake. Now that I'm older I kinda get paying more (GT350) and having the more unique car even though performance is a wash. I think Chevy made a huge mistake not giving the 1LE a hot rodded LT1 or it's own bespoke engine. I'd probably be satisfied had Chevy did one of those two things but lately I wished I had a more unique car than an SS with an option package checked. Funny thing is I see way more GT350's than I do SS 1le's but idk the car is just way more boring than I ever would have thought. I actually find my prior non 1le more fun. It just felt more raw and I was wondering if prior GT350 owners could chime in and let me know if the car feels more raw/special or not. Guess I'll find out Saturday when I go for a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Even considering that, I don't think it would be an upgrade compared to a ZL1 in any meaningful way, looks and sound both being fairly subjective.
Thanks I've watched that video! I am comparing the SS 1le to the GT350 not the ZL1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
These are germain to any of the Mustang trims. Short of you get the Shelby name I agree handling will take a hit from a 1LE. I've owned a 15 GT/PP car and 18 1LE. I wouldn't go back, per se as handling is one of my key factors. I had to put a Grand of Steeda parts under that GT to tame the wheel hop and other problems that IRS has.

GT350 suffers badly from tramlining, and a lot have experienced hood flutter
GT350 has better 'visibility'; as we all know here, but also know it's easy to get used to / not as bad as people make it out to be
Some people didn't like how you had to wring out the Voodoo to get to the TQ, where as the LT1/4 had it in spades down low.
I think the handling will take a hit as well, but not as big as what a lot of Camaro owners think when comparing the 19+ 350 to the SS 1le. They made quite a bit of improvements handling wise in the 19 and 20's. Personally I think the upcharge is worth it for the more powerful engine. While it doesn't have the torque of the LT1, coming out of a corner and into a strait away the GT350 will freight train past any SS 1le on the straights. It simply is just making more power. I used to be a performance per dollar kinda guy (hence why I have had two 6th gens) but I really wish I had a more unique, special and raw feeling car. All these cars have more handling than we'll ever get to use on public roads. I am now learning that the subjective things in cars matter just as much as the objective things so I've listed my 1le for sale. Will be test driving a GT350 this weekend, S197 GT500 and C6z06 next weekend. Hope to find a ZL1 to test drive. Probably can't swing the ZL1 unless I private sell my 1le.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote