View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 11:12 AM   #7
cam765

Drives: 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
I will have to have my mechanic look for me, it is at his shop. What ended up being your issue?
There were two issues. I have an A10 and I know there are several TCMs available for this transmission. It is important to get a TCM with the same Serv# shown on the part as your original one, not just the GM part number (that was my first issue, getting the correct part). Second problem was I was unable to get the TCM to communicate with a scan tool after installing. It made no sense. After looking over wiring diagrams to compare the connector pinout with the module itself, and the wiring at the connector on my car, I realized there was a mismatch. I kid you not, it appeared the connector to the TCM had to be rotated 180. After doing this, I regained communication and was able to successfully have the module flashed.

So either GM made a change to the TCM, the connector was incorrectly wired, or someone else had worked on this car previously (I am the second owner). So this would be crazy if it solved your problem as well, but short of a wiring problem in between the TCM and the power steering control module, this sounds similar to my issue.
cam765 is offline   Reply With Quote