View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #191
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Friday was not the best day in general for drag racing. It seemed like every other pass they were cleaning the track or something went wrong. Not to mention waiting in the car to make a pass. The worst for me was the tech area, no one really had any idea what was going on, it was basically pick a class then sign and go. I was waiting for the person in front of me to leave tech area so I can move up and sign. My girl showed my card to the staff and next thing I knew I had the staff guys yelling at me to get out and sign the form like I’m being rushed. And they didn’t stop until I got out and all I was doing was waiting for the person in front of me to leave. That right there really steered me away from racing and felt like nothing was organized properly this year. Then the car show being where it was caused a little congestion but the biggest issue were trailers parked anywhere making hard to see where the cars are coming from.

Although I enjoyed this year, it was not well organized as to prior fests. Hopefully next year will be better and learn from this year.
Track prep is a good thing. Cars also break and no one can predict that.

Car show was completely tucked away from traffic.

Merc and Stanley do tech for us every year and they know the drill so not sure why they would yell at you. Sorry about that. We made some great changes to tech this year which totally eliminated the super long lines we had a year ago. Each year we try to improve things and will continue to focus on tech.

Will also have a drag race meeting on Friday so new folks know what to expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Man did I screw up by not reading the Class rules. I entered Unlimited and should have been in Super mod, but since I evidently can't read and missed that I could have run my 17" drag pack where last year it was 18". My 9.77 would have been right in the mix. Oh well next year I'll read the class rules. Dumb ass.

Yeah, that change was made immediately after last year. Cars are getting faster each year so the wheel diameter dropped to 15 for the Unlimited / Super Mod class split.

Good seeing you again this year.