View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 07:37 PM   #26
1CEBITN

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert w/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
Ask your insurance company if they got a discount for you because you have onstar, mines actually free with my discount so why not have it I’ll have to give the money to the insurance company if I didn’t have it anyway.
And I go to work in the middle of the night so it may come in handy one day. Also I had to call the cops using onstar at work when I got there once and they come faster then using my cellphone.
I know for a fact State Farm doesn't give discounts just for having OnStar so I would bet a lot of the other major carriers don't either. They will take the mileage info from OnStar which you can provide via the free basic package to provide you with safe driving discounts. By the way, you all do know that the basic plan is free and you can use the app with it to remote start, lock/unlock, etc... No need to pay for onstar unless you want some of the other features. You also get the car status emails.

On the topic of wifi in the car, I have unlimited data with 50GB hotspot usage for $45/mo so I wouldn't pay 50% of that to Chevy just to have 2GB worth of wifi in the car for the 10 minutes a day I drive it. Switching carriers is a great way to get unlimited for very cheap. If I were the OP I'd shop around on your cell plan, honestly.
1CEBITN is offline   Reply With Quote