View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Clarification on "bolt-ons" and "stock bottom end"

So I was having this discussion with another member of the 6th gen camaro community, and it spawned a few interesting interpretations. I was looking for others opinions and if we can come to a decision as a community (doubtful, but I'm hopeful).

First category would be bolt ons:
Pretty much anything on the outside of the motor is fair game, but the unclear area would be rocker arms. Back in the gen II lt1 days, rocker arms were considered a bolt on. Another interpretation would be "anything that touches oil."

The second category would be stock bottom end. What's fair game and what isnt? What parts are allowed to be changed and if so, what are they allowed to be changed to? An example of this would be rod bolts. If you guys have been in the GM community long enough, rod bolts were allowed in SBE LS1s, as they offered no performance gain, but reassurance. Or maybe bearings... if you spin a bearing, are you required to put OEM bearings back in, or can you do aftermarket?

Additional note: can we leave ecm, tcm, pcm, weight, drivetrain, chassis, platform out of the discussion?

Go!

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote