View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 01:05 PM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
I have the Aeroforce dual gauges in my Camaro, and one of the things I monitor all the time is battery voltage, since the "stock" console gauges only have lines, and the other way is to check the DIC for what it reads. On a full battery my gauge sweeps back and forth between 14.9 and 14.3 when I'm driving, with or without the AC on. Sometimes while driving it will go down as low as 13.8 to 13.4 but then after a while, or after I stop somewhere for a bit then start her back up it goes back up to the 14.7-9 and just sweeps back and forth around there. This is all normal. I read on this forum somewhere that the numbers we are seeing is in fact what the alternator is putting out to the system, not the battery. As things change in the electrical system while to car is running, the alternator "adjusts" the voltage as needed. If you suspect the alternator is acting up, go get it checked to be sure. Hope this sheds some light for you.