View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
CarPlaylist, a New App to build car USB music libraries: V 1.4 Released

CarPlaylist New Version 1.4 released into the wild!

Version 1.4 adds Adds one fix. Some cars like Toyotas and Hondas use a different player file format than most GM cars where every folder is a play list. GM uses playlist file drivers to allow single songs to be in multiple play lists. This duplicates songs and wastes space on the USB, but is easier to code in the car player. CPL version V1.3 had a bug where the files in the build had no extension in a direct folder build. This caused the player to not recognize the files. This version is now posted to my Drop Box. Uninstall the older CarPlayList, then install V1.4. All your run settings are saved.

Version 1.3 adds Window Media Player and direct folder support for easier playlist build copying, and tons of fixes. Everything should work and be documented. If not let me know. All feedback welcome.

Still free, no ads and free to share with your friends and family.

If you already have CarPlaylist and have the link simply uninstall the old version and download and install the new version. All of your settings are saved for the new Version.

If you are interested in using the current version of CarPlaylist send me a PM with your email address so I can send you a link.

New features:
  • Windows Media Player supported
  • Direct (fast) hard drive Playlist building option
  • Tons of fixes with better iTunes XML support

How CarPlaylist got started:

This cool thread below gave me some ideas for a new app. My Camaro with the Car Play update hates Ipods. They get recognized in about 1 in 10 starts. Edit: A FAT32 format seems to help.

My Honda Accord loves Ipods and handles my 160 GB Ipod with 80 gig of music and audio books with ease. But now occasionlly chokes and bricks the iPod and cannnot produce enough power to keep the big Classic HD based Ipod charged. It does support the smaller memory based Ipods perfectly.

Currently I am thinking Android Auto for audio books and a USB for music is the way to go on most cars.

Note: If you use a playlist file CPL build and copy the playlists and music folder to your Android in a root folder, you can use the Power Amp App to located the folders and play CPL playlists.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439606

Here is what the little app called CarPlaylist does:
  • For now PC only, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 supported
  • MP3 files only so far, not sure if iTunes store bought music plays on a USB
  • Supports Itunes directly and also will work with exported playlist files
  • Reads the m3u files or iTunes xml and extracts the songlist
  • Shows you both of the above in a list
  • Lets you also specify the USB path
  • Lets you set the song file path list to remove from the car playlist
  • Lets you select one or all of the playlists to copy to the USB
  • The app goes through the starting playlist just copying the songs in the list to the USB
  • Builds a simple USB Playlist and adds it to the USB
  • Formats large USBs to FAT32
  • Builds playlist file playlist for the Camaro
  • Builder folder based playlists for other cars
  • Windows Media Player supported
  • Direct (fast) hard drive Playlist building option

I grabbed all of my favorite Itunes playlists and in a few minutes built a 12 GB (64GB) USB player. I cant believe how great these work in the Camaro. The Camaro does want Fat32. This is a format challenge for Windows. But there are solutions. USB3 devices in USB3 ports are faster than USB 2 but still slow compared to a hard drive.

Last edited by Fraxum; 09-14-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote