View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 08:52 PM   #49
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
It will fit with no problem....if a 90 degree DOHC 4.2 or 5.5 will fit then a 6.2 will fit since cubic inches has nothing to do with external dimensions of the V8 engines.
Agree it is the type of head:
Ford had to do a spray bore to get a slightly bigger 5.0 liter. You can stroke an engine so much before piston speed and cylinder wear become an issue, piston rock too. DOHC is big, just open a Mustang hood. We already know the spay bore is bigger externally at 5.0 internally. The LT1 can go to 427 OEM. I say Ford's GT40 already has gone to V6 DOHC, I can't see GM needing both DOHC and turbos... It does NOT add up to me. Plus the ZR1 would seem to be faster than the GT40. Once again what market will a mid engine DOHC Vette capture over its current market, to my mind nothing. The Vette would LOSE market share if it went DOHC and or mid-engine and or turbo. IMO of course.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote