View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 07:39 AM   #22
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
size of diameter intake between tb and housing.. I have been doing test with Vararam for a few months you be surprised what works and what doesn't. bigger isn't better in this car.. and dyno numbers with hood up is flawed on open air filters like rotofab.

When I started with Vararam totally stock car... We saw 5 degrees of knock timing from the entire curve. very high MV in O2s yet the stock intake was better than the 2 big competitors when you cut the lower filter and angled it just right to have fresh air hit it dead on(not using the grommets and nubs so it it sits funny)

You may have remember that I tuned my car on the lower pulley, headers, Mamo tb and stock filter.. Then the elite was finished I was gung ho to get back to Sorian dyno to see the gain or should I say 1 hp loss.. I then pulled wifes Rotofab off and got same results.

next came street testing with live on all 3 setups vs vararam... I still had up to 5 degrees of knock with competitors but lowered the it 2.5 and picked up a little boost with factory.

last Saturday I had the finale Vararam production piece before the mold process so the prototype was all 3d printed ugly but what a difference

830mv on 02s
smaller neck size on MAF location
No Knock timing
i had 19 something degrees of timing where the best i got before was 15
and cooler IATS 97 fender location and 114 in blower it was way higher before this was a 100 degree day in houston
before I had 17.2 lbs of peak boost now 19 subtract 6.7 or 6.9 I forget the calc.

huge improvement over competition and stock cut box.

his set up is different you can make a setup like his and give to public probably blow stuff up.. what he's doing is totally different.

Patrick w vararam told me a few things.. the car needs those fins in there by the MAF, you need a solid 3 inch of gap to pull clean air all around the filter not just one side, it need to pull clean air other than the little space below the light, and the elbow need a straighter path.

Fail for all that's on the market..

nice build thread though.. i hope you ge t0 700rwhp on 93 with no fuel or meth upgrades.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is online now   Reply With Quote