View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
I don't think this would be boost friendly with that filter on it, and it appears to be sitting in a busy area that makes it harder to drain?
I don't believe that there is a correlation between boost friendliness and the filter on top. The fact that these cans are able to release pressure (vs not at all) make it much more boost friendly than any other, and if you are doing a lot of boost, then you should be looking at the pcv can not the draft.

But, if you are still concerned about it, there is a recirculating top (see above post video) as not everyone wants the open filter. The recirc top pressure releases in the same way as the filter top. Only when it opens to eliminate crank pressure the flow goes out and down the hose vs. out the filter.

As far as hard to drain, here is a video (not me) on the draining of a 6th Gen and it does not appear difficult.

But, for those who do not wish to drain at the bottom of the can, for $15 you can get a drain extension kit to operate the drain from anywhere you mount to the bottom of the car etc. Basically, it's a hose that fits to the bottom of the can.

I guess, ultimately, the kind of person (and I don't mean you!!) who doesn't want to reach in their engine up to the elbows, probably isn't going to want to do the work to install a can in the first place. Again, not meant as an affront to anyone. Just that, if you are slightly mechanically inclined and comfortable with the install of this or any other "easy" mod, then draining it shouldn't put you off.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote