View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #11
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
GM Authority says it's a combination of no incentives, high price and a relatively higher price than the 2015 which also does have incentives. Combined with competition that has incentives (mustang) and a lower price (mustang).

So it remains to be seen what GM's gameplan is. Not sure what else you'd expect sales wise when you dont advertise it, you dont do incentives for it, and you have lots of old stock from last year still to get rid of.

plus you're pricing the car out of your target market. Though i guess avoiding being in all the "running over people" memes is a plus.
The GM Authority article is interesting.

Some things I took away from it that I thought were interesting

"Another vital factor is the price of the sixth-gen model over its predecessor. The starting price of the 2016 Camaro is $1,995 higher than that of the last-generation 2015 model. The difference grows to $3,490 for the V-6 engine, since the base 2016 Camaro is equipped with a turbo four-cylinder. SS models with the V-8 engine start at $2,795 more."

I did not realize from Gen 5 V6 to Gen 6 V6 was that high of a price jump.

Also interesting

"In speaking to Chevy, we got the sentiment that it “sucks” not being the sales champ."
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote