View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 03:44 PM   #10
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
We're getting a blast of nasty weather in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. When we got hit with the nasty weather last year, my daily driver was a 4x4. I didn't have any problem venturing out in the mess until I started seeing all the nuts behind the wheels drifting into intersections because they tried to stop with the same distance they do under dry conditions or I'd see other miscalculations by derpy drivers (trying to turn into a shopping center only for their front tires to not bite and them slip sliding forward). After seeing a few spinouts within about 20 feet of me, I took care of what I needed to and got the hell back home. I can't imagine how much more precarious the situation would be if I were driving in a Camaro.

Oh and for the record, Dallas/Fort Worth driving isn't bad because Dallas/Fort Worth drivers suck as much as because we have a crazy mix of drivers from just about everywhere. We have the slow Okies from Oklahoma, the quick-to-cut-in-front-of you NYers, and the crazy WOT Cali folks mixed together. All those driving styles combined make it an absolute mess to drive in this area.

Stay safe out there folks, and pack for any potential breakdowns, given the room in the Camaro, that probably means a washcloth for a blanket.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote