View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #13
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowser View Post
You would think that would have been the first race versus any straight line outing between the two cars.

Kinda makes me believe Ford gave explicit instructions with these press cars not to put the GT 500 on a race course against the Zl1.

Reason how I know is Ford has not officially released Nurburgring GT 500 track time numbers nor footage performing their "incredible" feat on hte same track a zl1 1le put down a sub 7:20 time.

They know they can't justify a sticker price like that and getting spanked by a main competitor down 100hp!!
Ford doesn't post lap times. They don't use it as a tool like GM does. Ford lets the press do the testing

Go back the last 20 years, there is no Ford "Official" lap time of any performance vehicle at the ring. No Mustang, No Fiesta ST, No Focus ST, No Focus RS, no Ford GT in 04, no new Ford GT, no GT 350, No GT500. It's not like they just decided to sit out recently it's just something they have never done

to be honest I am even surprised Ford gave a 0-60 and 1/4 for the GT500
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote