View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #120
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing89 View Post
You are way off in regards to the DSC Controller. There are 100K things that you are not considering. Yes MRC/ specifically the magnetic fluid has its limitations. First think about how that fluid reacts at different temperatures, does GM compensate?? The DSC controller changes curves, allows virtually unlimited customization of so many aspects of the suspension that you will never get from std coilovers. How would you like less brake dive at 75% brake pressure- or 100%. I cant even begin to touch on the amount of research and development that has gone into the DSC Controller, the programming etc, to think that it softens a few things up or just changes a few things is very short sited. Go drive a ZL1 or SS 1LE at the track with and with out and then please do give your opinion. I can tell you that its night and day better, if you want to go to the moon, give it another couple months when thay have the RTx shocks for the Camaro, that combination will run circles around any other set-up-
I'm going to go deeper into this comment because it's simply chock full of ignorance and shilling.

Quote:
First think about how that fluid reacts at different temperatures, does GM compensate??
Can you prove it doesn't?

Quote:
The DSC controller changes curves, allows virtually unlimited customization of so many aspects of the suspension that you will never get from std coilovers.
This was never in question. The comparison might be to spool-valve dampers, but in your context you're completely ignoring the dynamically active calculations in the OEM MRC controller, something the DSC doesn't do. Your asserting is akin to a marketing sheet for Megan coilovers; "So many features" and yet none of them are calibrated for the platform.

Quote:
How would you like less brake dive at 75% brake pressure- or 100%.
That's not how springs work. Increasing the damping force during brake pressure changes the rate of weight transfer, but dampers cannot change the amount of dive. You fundamentally misunderstand the physics.

Quote:
I cant even begin to touch on the amount of research and development that has gone into the DSC Controller, the programming etc,
Oh this is a good one. Implying DSC has more development resources than the Camaro team is a joke and a half. It's plain as day you've swished and swallowed their kool-aid right here. If they did that much R&D, where's the Z-axis in the calculations? Oops.

Quote:
I can tell you that its night and day better,
Night and day, yes. "better", hardly.