View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 10:19 PM   #7
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Not 100% sure but I believe a full detail and maintenance of the coating (guessing a Ceramic boost treatment?)

I was able to negotiate quite a bit better price than above for the initial application, appointment is next week so have plenty of time to reconsider.

I can use the Adam's kit on one of my other family cars, so that kit won't go to waste, just scared to try the first time on my brand new SS...
If you have already paid for the claybar and polishing, $790 is WAY too much money. $790 would be a fair price for claybar, polish and ceramic coating. San Diego prices are much higher than where I live, so its tough to compare prices to other parts of the country. However, I charge between $350-500 for claybar, polish and ceramic. To give you an idea, a bottle ceramic is about $50 wholesale and that will do 3 coats. The maintenance ceramic spray is even cheaper.

If it has already been clayed and polished, I'd recommend you go ahead and apply your Adam's. You can't mess it up.

If you are going to get into detailing, that $190/yr maintenance $ could buy a nice polisher and all the trimmings, and you will want to do your own maintenance.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote