View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 04:44 PM   #9
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron27 View Post
I would bet this is one of two possibilities. Both are assumptions, I don’t know how the software or sensors are actually set up:

1. The car door has a malfunctioning sensor. First lock occurs. Door sensor detects the door should remain unlocked. Unlock occurs. Car software determines door should actually end in locked position. Second lock occurs. Malfunctioning sensor doesn’t cause a second unlock because it only activated once in this cycle, based on software.

2. The car door has a sensor that detects something is not to proper spec. The lock signal is sent to the car. Since the door sensor thinks something isn’t as it should be, the car initiated an unlock and relock sequence to ensure the safety feature (unlocking) is accessible.
I feel like your second answer might be the case, since this did occur right after the accident and the body shop didn't fix it since.