View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 02:14 PM   #12
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekd View Post
I have sealed mine with the Chemical Guys product but the owners manual only says this:

Convertible Top Care
Frequently hand wash convertible tops with mild car wash soap. Never use a stiff brush, steam, bleach, or aggressive cleaners.

If necessary, a soft brush can be used to remove dirt. When finished cleaning, thoroughly rinse the fabric.

Avoid automatic car washes with overhead brushes or very high pressure sprays as they can cause damage and leaking.

Only lower the top when it is completely dry and avoid leaving the top lowered for extended periods of time to prevent excessive interior weathering.

Avoid leaving large amounts of snow on the top for extended periods.
Yep. They're basically reminding you that it's fabric, so take care of it.

Mild detergents and nothing abrasive ensure that the fabric does not experience premature deterioration. Thorough drying and not putting the top down until it's thoroughly dry ensures no mold/mildew anywhere. The top should be up if it's parked - this ensure that the fabric returns to its extended position and doesn't unnecessarily crease the fabric.

As far as the snow part goes, I would be doing everything in my power to not get snow on the roof at all. Even when thoroughly brushed off, there's the possibility of some melt and re-freeze, and that can cause damage as well. If you DO get snow on the roof, find somewhere to park it so that the snow can completely melt off and it can dry out - a garage or someplace in the sun for an extended period will work. If your top is Kalahari, it will likely take longer for sun-assisted melt and dry than it would with the blue or black - and black will be the best for collecting heat and speeding that up.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote