View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 05:41 PM   #13
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NX01ARCHER View Post
Thanks for the info! Couple questions for you.

1) What would you estimate was the total cost?
2) Is the jump from from 80mm to 84mm worth it? Or just go to 80mm?
3) Did you do the work or a shop? If it was a shop near Chicago can you recommend them?
4) With the overkill tune did you do the TCM swap or unlock?
5) Have you been able to get a sub 5 second 0-60 with those mods or is more needed for that?

Thanks for you time!

1. Throttle body, ported intake manifold, and tune was around $1100 if I remember correctly. Prices are listed on GetOverkilled.ca for an exact price. CAI was around $150-200-ish I think. Exhaust was $900-ish.

2. I haven't had my 80mm converted yet, so unsure. But plan to eventually.

3. I did the work myself, except the exhaust. Everything is bolt-on, but came with zero instructions. So read up carefully and watch a couple videos on YouTube. Not hard, but I had to modify my CAI pipe a bit the get a proper fit. The pipe elbow was pushed into the fan housing.

4. I haven't unlocked my TCM yet. When I do, Will will retune for it. And running without the TCM tuned is quite noticeable. The transmission does stay in gear while under moderate to heavy throttle longer, but cruising sucks as the transmission will keep you at a gear where when you need power, you'll need to paddle down a gear or 2 to get it. Most likely my next mod, but not looking forward to doing it based on where the TCM is located.

5. I haven't tried a 0-60 on the vehicle yet as I can't seem to find the gauge for it. Not sure if a 1LT has that mode.
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote