View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #40
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
In all honesty - the number IMO isn't that far off, particularly for running E50. All of that exhaust work is going to net you maybe 6-8 peak hp.

First the fuel - E50 is 50% ethanol and 50% 87 octane gasoline, which nets you 93-95 octane. Get a good batch of E85 into it and that alone will jump 10pts. You had no advantage over premium pump gas.

Second - though they are solid upgrades, most of your mods are the type of thing you need to support more air flow thru the engine. The factory exhaust is pretty much maximized right from the factory for the airflow the engine makes stock. Eliminating the cats did more for you (power wise) than everything else. The factory manifolds on the LT1 are actually not that bad flow wise, and the rest of the exhaust is 2-3/4". A lot of the headers advertise 12-20hp, but that also includes a tune.

Good news is that you are setup to go full smack in the future. Throw in a BTR Stg2 cam and a good tank of E85 with a retune and you will probably pick up 40whp as you have all of the other supporting mods.

I agree, on full E85 mine made 431 with basically the same mods and I picked up 5-6 mph at the track so I know it was making a lot more power. Dynos can read all over the place, that is why you get a baseline and then I final to see how much you picked up. On a cooler day with more alcohol content your dyno would probably be close to mine. I laugh when I see these guys boasting these huge dynos where the car made 460 rwhp with just a CAI and muffler delete, I always ask what does the car trap? Dynos can be configured to read anything people want but trap speed will always tell the truth.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote