View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 10:59 PM   #17
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Though I agree with your view ZZP is along way away. RPM isn't even a realistic option for me for many reasons. If I was to get a virtual/laptop calibrated tune i'd go with IPF/KPE the latter has been around for ages in Europe and knows turbo tuning as well as anybody. My tuner buddy works on Focus RS's and ST's all the time as well as a few ATS's and other turbo builds so his experience isn't an issue for me. We may have better I4 tuners in my area but I don't know them and I don't trust anyone lightly with my car who doesn't appreciate every car and they flat-out admitted they only like to do imports. That being said where's your build man your a wealth of knowledge and like to share your opinions and feedback. Maybe we can all help everyone looking to make decisions and of course i'm going to get a before and after dyno run.
I think you've partially misread the tone of my post. My only intention was to offer you the best advice that I could. I was absolutely NOT saying to go to RPM. If you're comfortable with your guy, that's most important. I'm not trying to dog him, just saying that there are certain tables that are ATS specific. Trying to make sure you have the full knowledge to achieve your goals!

As far as IPF/KPE, that's a whole other can of worms. If you could work with IPF without KPE, I'd recommend doing that. KPE's namesake, Korker, sold the business and is no longer involved. Honestly, he just marked up other peoples parts and resold stuff. Most of his 'ideas' never came to fruition. People still hold out hope for a CTS 3.6 supercharger, even though that was only vaporware.

My build will happen once parts become available. I already have some parts in my garage ready to go! I can't make MHI crank out turbos any faster! Oh, and it's currently winter here in Chicago. It's snowed about 10 inches in the past 2 days.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote