Thread: Too much oil?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
Capisce

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Too much oil?

Having a slight panic attack over here. Despite all the reccomendations to check oil levels during break in, I just checked it today for the first time. Seems I'm sitting high and must have been for minimum 1,000 miles. The only time the car was touched was for this pit stop thing the dealer does to top off fluids and check cars maybe a month after you buy them. They credit your account with $50 towards any service in the future just for going.. so I figure why not.

I can't imagine the car coming with too much oil from the factory so I have to assume I was incorrectly topped off during the pit stop. I think I threw out the paperwork so I can't see right now if any note was made.

Pit stop had to be at like 300 miles and I'm at 1500 now. Oil is above hatch marks after car sat for 2 hours. It's hard to see exactly how much higher but it looks to be at maybe the top of the piece that has the hatch marks in it. Right before it becomes the braided wire. Maybe even a little into the wire.

How much damage could have been caused? How would I know? How much extra oil does it take to cause damage?