View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 09:25 PM   #3
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Several people have had issues like this with Canned tunes. Hence why most here don't recommend them. It doesn't matter the system you choose, Canned tunes are blanket tunes...might work for some but not others. I believe I just posted this the other day in another thread with a canned tune PC setup. Just be glad you didn't buy that Whipple...
Yeah, I read that Whipple post and thought I saw your post on canned tunes.

I did a lot of research and found some who complained about the tunes in their kits being bad. I didn't see much negativity with the Edelbrock kits. What really sold me was the guy who had the All Girl Garage install his. I love that show. I wonder how much Edelbrock helped them through the process and how much they cut out to make it look like a piece of cake. It's really not that bad.

I have faith that Edelbrock will come through with a simple solution to my problem. Had it been something amiss in the install, I don't think the car would have run. Except for failing to plug in some of the connectors not much in the install procedure would prevent the car from running.

I have been looking at the possibility of data logging and looking at the Air/Fuel mixture ratio, but don't know what to look for. I did data logging for a tune with Janetty several times and the process isn't difficult...it's the analysis of the data that needs an expert.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote