View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #19
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
LOL true enough.

CAM stands for Classic American Muscle. The category was created to compete with the Goodguys Ultimate Street Car series, and allow people that have built cars for that series to compete in SCCA. Its for Domestic automobiles with front engine RWD configurations. There is CAM-T (Traditional) for 1989 and earlier cars, and CAM-C (Contemporary) anything 1990 and newer, and CAM-S (Sports) which allows for some shorter wheelbase cars. Its pretty popular, but its EXPENSIVE to keep up with the Joneses since there really is no practical limit to modifications. I have also never met anyone with a CAM car that ever thought it was "finished" they always have more plans on things to modify.

We like to have an instructor in for at least one lap with every novice. If you have done it before and we have seen you at our events before and you are known not to be an idiot you can probably talk to the novice chief and they can sign off on you not having an instructor. The benefits of an instructor are overwhelmingly positive though so I recommend that you have one ride with you as much as possible. Most instructors will have you drive by yourself on your last 2 laps anyways. Novice class is not a competition, and although I say that, I know full well people want to get the fastest time and I would include myself in that statement as well. Just think of it as an opportunity to learn from some really experienced drivers, some of them are National Champions, and I recommend that you take advantage of it while its available to you. If you would rather not have one though we can talk to Robby next event you are there.
Nah that's cool, I'm happy having somebody ride with me on the first lap to remind me it's not a drift event anyway.

I'm also wondering about the two day format. Is it Saturday AND Sunday, or one or the other? Or is it a misprint and it's actually just Sunday? Or is one day of it schooling?
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote