View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #4
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Please read everything I say carefully below because your question brings me back in time to 2010 when I was in high school and had no idea what I was doing with almost no money...

Look at my build, I have the same exact car and had straight pipes and everything for 5 years straight. It was 100% NOT worth it at all. The drone is INSANELY BAD on the highway and sounds like absolute crap. It was so bad, people did not even want to drive with me. You seriously can't even have a conversation with your passenger. The only thing that sounded ok was startup. As soon as you touch the gas, it would actually damaged my hearing. It was honestly embarrassing until I got the resonated magnaflow x pipe to help, but it still doesn't sound as good as I'd like. Somehow I still have this car today with 120k miles and still have the same setup.

It sounds arrogant and dumb, but if I could go back I'd save all that money and find a way to get the v8. Going with some of the more restrictive magnaflows exhaust systems might be ok, but its around $1k with install. Might want to compare this cost vs selling the v6 and getting a v8. I know its "to each their own", but I'm trying to make sure you don't go the same route that I went and regret it like I do now.