View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #42
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
How did the clear coat correction go or is it still at the dealership? Also, what exactly are you ending up doing with the exhaust?

Apparently govt is cracking down hardcore on shops when it comes to removing cats... 20k fine minimum and shutting down the business. I talked with ALL import AND domestic shops here (Wichita surrounding area, 50 mile radius lol) as well as 4 shops down in Dallas that actually used to do it... ALL said the SAME thing...

I am not going to remove my muffler as "reverting back to stock" just ain't gonna happen if you do IF I do not like the sounds or it's time to upgrade to the "ZL1". Basically I am SOL since like you... I want a hell of lot more growl. Not going to grab headers...

I did talk with Borla for a bit today (Ryan is such a GREAT guy @ their TN shop), and they do plan on coming up with an "xpipe" that we can clamp on but since no shop is going to cut the cats out.... Looks like I will have to cut the cats out and clamp on the Borla X pipe or whatever the piece they create will be / called. They will know better mid next month. Apparently all these new cars that are coming out, Chevy or Ford all have their axle/cat - back and xpipe as ONE piece which is just PITA...
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote