View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #160
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWood View Post
FWIW, You bring up a lot of good points, Ghost-Rider, and I'm sure you looked something like this......when you were giving your response. But let me assure you, wobble DOES happen with some of us. For those of you who have not had this issue, congratulations! I envy you. As for the install, I cannot speak for everyone but yes, I did install it correctly (bushings and all) and I got quite a bit of wobble. Same thing happened with the Barton by the way so I am in no way "Hurst bashing". I did have a buddy of mine move the shifter back and forth while I watched the linkage from underneath. There was definately a "dead spot" where the shifter was moving with no positive action to the shifting rod. Now the fact that it does the same thing with two completely different shifters (although similar enough in design and function) and NOT, yes NOT with the stocker, lead me to a theory (just a theory). Perhaps those of us with this issue have a stock shifter with a bushing that's just a hair wider than the rest of you. Tolerances can be funny that way sometimes. Wider bushing means a wider gap in the fork that connects to the shifter. It is aluminum after all. Pretty soft metal. Not only that, but as with ANY short-throw, the fulcrum (pivot point) is set higher on the stick so any imperfections in the linkage are going to feel that much worse on the other end. If and when I get around to it, I am thinkin' of reinstalling the Hurst and closing the "gap" with a pair of channel locks or something. Pray for me that I don't end up breaking the damn thing and having to replace it! Long winded .02!
how about contating hurst to explain your issues and see if they can provide some answers?. perhaps you have done that already, not sure
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote