View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 05:11 PM   #16
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
I would wet sand the spot, but I've never attempted something like that. Things can go south very quickly if you don't know what you are doing. The scratch looks a bit better after I made a few passes with my DA Polisher. I brought the car over to the body shop that repaired my last Camaro. There are two options. One option is to touch up the scratch with some paint and wet sand/buff. It's not going to be perfect, but it will look a lot better than what's currently there. The other option is to paint the spot and re-clear the entire trunk. They might have to blend the quarter panel as well, which is something I do not want to do, but the scratch will be 100% fixed. My concern with re-painting the trunk is it might not match the rest of the car, especially since it's a metallic paint. The guy at the auto body shop explained that it can be more difficult to match paint if there are multiple variants of the color. For example, there might be three variants of Hyper Blue if the Camaro was manufactured at three different plants. I'm taking it over to my detailer tomorrow for a second opinion. What do you guys think? BTW the OEM touch up paint for Hyper Blue is terrible
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote