Thread: I messed up
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 06:37 AM   #15
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Thank you very much guys, appreciate every response. Good call on fixing the truck yourself, JT58, it was simply not an option for me. Indeed it could've been much worse, I'm fortunately all right, and nothing sears in like learning the hard way, oh well.

She's going in for the PPF wrap on Friday.
For sure glad no one was hurt- that is the main thing in any accident. It's upsetting enough to be involved in an accident and as long as you learn from the error (and correct it forever) you are good to go.

I still remember 45 years ago my first accident in my very first vehicle- a Gen 1 Bronco. It was a rainy day and the roof was leaking in the back somewhere. I took my eyes off of the road for a second to look to see where the leak was coming from. I ran a stop sign and broadsided a car. No one hurt and I fixed the Bronco myself with junk yard parts.

To this day I remember that accident and anytime I attempt to look away from the road- to look for something in the car- rattle, leak, something fell on the floor, etc. that accident comes into my mind and I keep my eyes on the road and do not look away. I learned my lesson well and it wiil never happen again.