View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 01:52 PM   #12
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
You don’t have to press okay. Just up or down to the desired setting. Then it’ll stay in that setting until changed. You can also simply press up or down again and change the PTM on the fly from say sport to race.
Agreed both orange lights are normal while using a PTM mode. Pressing ok clears the selection screen but is not required for the PTM setting to work...it will choose whichever one is selected after several seconds of inactivity and clear the selection screen by itself. Disable your cruise control too because if you accidentally tap the set or resume buttons it will disable PTM.

Interesting I've never seen anyone mention that you can change PTM modes on the fly with the buttons above and below the ok button on the right side of the steering wheel. I'll have to try it and verify with PDR. Seems kind of dangerous if it doesn't show any visual confirmation of the mode change since you could accidentally press it while cornering and not know. I have done it by tapping the traction control button once, then double tapping it twice, then selecting the new PTM mode but it is hard to get all of that done correctly on a straightaway on track at speed before the next braking zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
The PDR will not show that the nannies are on or off. It will show when the car loses traction, the car fishtailing symbol,, but nothing else. That's in any mode.
On the infotainment screen if you select PDR, Choose Video Overlay, Track, then it will show the PTM mode on recordings. Not sure about Sport and Performance Timing overlay modes. If you hold the traction control button down for about 10 seconds then everything is actually off and both orange lights will illuminate but the PTM selection menu will not appear. No PTM mode will be shown on PDR recordings in this mode because one is not in use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
I believe in Race all of the traction control and ECM are turned off.
Race offers a slight bit of assistance compared to all off but it is still possible to spin the car in Race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
You will need a team of people logging and studying data to figure out which of the gazillion modes is best for a particular track/day.
Nah, there are only 4 dry PTM options (plus wet at the top) and they are less invasive the farther down the list you go. This link explains more details:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
There is a recent, long and very informative thread here on the function of all transmission settings/modes. Search, here you go https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496996

Last edited by cdrptrks; 09-28-2021 at 02:05 PM.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote