Thread: Head cam build
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 07:46 PM   #10
17camaroSS

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Sick track build. 9's shouldn't be a problem with the weight reduction you have done. However I don't see it being that enjoyable to drive on the street. Dumped exhaust and that big stall is going to be fatiguing to drive. 27.5 degrees of overlap is also going to require some serious tuning skill to retain some decent driveability. Should be a beast either way!!
The dumped exhaust is for the track, factory NPP muffler will be V-band on. But, I’ve driven dumped exhaust at the axle in the past and IMO isn’t bad with some mufflers that have the tips 45’d. As for the converter, I’ve driven with 4400-4800 converters on the street back with my 4th gens and had no issues. Really you don’t even notice it after the first day of driving it. It’s the same converter Brandon Hill runs and the cam isn’t too far off from the cam he is running either, if I remember right the Hi Ram cam has more overlap as well.

I personally think that it’s a personal preference thing on what some people can handle compared to others. Thanks man! It’s going to be fun for sure.

2017 1SS:Hi-Ram, FBO, OTR ram air,
Circle D converter.

Previous PB: 11.07 @124 1/4
7.1 @100 1/8 1.6 60’ w/2” longtubes,
95mm hi-ram,
OTR ramair, flex fuel

Last edited by 17camaroSS; 04-06-2021 at 08:29 PM.
17camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote