Thread: Sanity Check
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 10:13 AM   #1
Fredbooxe

Drives: Ford Fiesta ST
Sanity Check

Thinking seriously about a 1SS 1LE. My big concern has been visibility, and this was put to rest after driving a 15k mile 2019 V6 with its 1LE package. I’m ok with the visibility.

I’ve been a little hesitant to drive one sooner because I’ve been certain that once I did I would have to have one. Unfortunately it had the opposite effect on me. Now I’m really uncertain if I want one. The reason is that I didn’t enjoy it in the corners like I expected. I didn’t have a good feel for the road or front traction in the steering wheel, and I found the rear end to be very slippery. Most of my driving (and my short test drive) is on 20 to 60 mph corners, so relatively tight. It had stock tires & as far as I know the car I drove is otherwise stock. Temperature was high 50s.

Curious to know whether this is typical - maybe these cars come into their element at 60mph plus? Or maybe it's just my bad driving habits being used to lightweight front drive cars? I also wondered if these tires need a lot more heat. Or perhaps some other explanation entirely!

At this point my bank account is a bit relieved, but given everything I’ve read about these cars, I don’t trust my current impressions.
Fredbooxe is offline   Reply With Quote