View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 06:16 PM   #38
MarkC

Drives: 2018 HBM 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy1LE View Post
What are you running for the Potenza’s? 285/30/20 as a square setup?
Stock size tires on all 4 corners, just different tread patterns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
This is of gret interest to me because it appeared that my most viable solution was to purchase 19 inch wheels and get a witer tire set. I also considerd puchasing SS "take offs" and running them during the winter. The Potenze S001 is a summer only tire. How do they work in the Winter. I see you are in NY. I was considering using the Nitto Motivo because the sizes are very close to compatible. I think you can get a 295/30/20 and a 275/30/20 (close enough), however, someone on here advised that the Motivos did not perform well.
I'm actually in SC. I haven't had this car long enough to see temps under 65* yet, but I had the very similar Potenza S04 Pole Position tires on my last car and they did just fine in all types of winter weather conditions, up to an unexpected 1" of fresh snow once.

I also have a complete set of winter tires on some C6 Vette Grand Sport rims that I install when I'm expecting to get hit by bad weather, so I can't comment on how they'd do in a NY type of winter. Not much use for the winter tires around home, but I do go up to the NC mountains and PA on a fairly regular basis.