View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 07:45 AM   #6
Rmkuper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanRubin View Post
WHEN the blend door breaks, you get HEAT all the time, not COLD and no heat.
Turn A/C on, then it's mixed with the warm air. The door will never break and stick at
the cold position. Going cold (MAX) that's what breaks it. Then it falls down, and
you get blend ALL the time.
Alan I'm not saying your wrong. I'm a half ass shade [emoji269] mechanic on my best day[emoji1787]. But I have always been under the impression that the HVAC work the opposite of how you suggest.

I thought hot coolant was always runing to the heater core. An actuator rotates a shaft on a blend door in the heater box to control how much air passes across the heater core. e.i. If you have the temperature set to low, only a small portion of the air passes across the heater core. The rest bypasses around the heater core. Or in this case it is stuck closed and you get "Luke warm" air like the author states. It blends indoor air with hot air from the heater core. So this would point me to the actuator or blend door???

I love to learn and I learn something everyday on camaro5 so if I'm missing something here let me know. I would hate to give someone bad advice and they rip their dash up for no reason. But I guess that's a chance you take when asking for pro advice on a fourm...

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
Rmkuper is offline   Reply With Quote