Thread: QUICKJACK
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 07:13 AM   #4
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
I have the BL-5000SLX.
Can't imagine doing all of the extensive Chassis and exhaust work I did without it. A few key points however - it does NOT like to be cycled repeatably and stopped with the load still on the hydraulics (instructions say cycle it all the way to one of the lockouts and release the load to the stops). I found this out by having to replace one of the valves in the power unit after it failed when I was adjusting my coil-overs. My car tipped sideways almost to 45 degrees and scared the living crap out of me! Quick Jack sent me a free replacement part.
Also - another lesson learned: I don't think coil-overs or Varishocks like being unsprung for long periods of time. I stored my Trans Am all winter on my Quick Jack, and both rear Varishock Single Dial Adjustable Shocks puked their Hydraulic guts when I drove it. Obviously a seal issue in the shock, not sure if it is just that the Varishocks are crap, or don't like being unsprung for long periods of time. $400 down the drain - wonder f they are rebuildable?
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote