View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #95
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123gm View Post
If your goal is to go fast in a straight line you want the least amount of friction/drag possible, hence the skinny wheels and tires. The demon will "use"/put down power better then almost any car on the planet, if by "use" you mean chassis balance and overall suspension geometry.....viper
I am speaking about the Challenger platform in general. Why would a car with 707hp come from the factory with 275s? It makes you have to question their engineering thought? What is more important in a performance car, trunk space or clearance for big meat? In the demon they basically solved the problem by attaching bolt on truck fenders. Not the kind of engineered car I want. But you take the new ZL1, 1/4 mile is probably it's weakest point if you can call that weak. It's prowess on the track is pretty much a fact. It will make a great DD. It comes with tires appropriate for it's use. So I will take the modern expertly engineered, reliable, safe ZL1 over any Dodge product. I do like Mustangs and wouldn't be opposed to owning one if it meets my needs. And when the drag strip edition comes out Chevy will own the 1/4, and you won't have to buy a box.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
And since 2019 will be the 40th anniversary of the original ZL1 which was a drag strip edition, GM won't miss the opportunity.

Last edited by Sven59; 11-15-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote