View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 01:14 AM   #45
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So we need to find that sweet spot if only i had the money to eat a piston or two lol

Seems we're getting the mod discussions back on track I'd love to do NoS simply for the fun of it but until someone comes out with a solid grind or maybe a NoS ready piston ring setup for our cars it's just to much a risk for my daily driver at the moment.

I know we had a thread on methanol injection I've been heavily considering it as my next power adding performance mod. Interested to hear your thoughts on it and wether 50/50 or full blend would be better.
I wouldn't be worried about ring gap too much with a stock turbo. Run a 50hp jet and see how it likes it. I have a dry setup sitting in my garage, but none of the aftermarket CAI's will fit the 7 inch diameter Green filter I have left over from my CTS-V Coupe. I have the Nitrous Outlet large Halo ring installed in the filter. If nothing will work with it by spring, I'll buy a different nozzle, or the smaller Halo ring. They only cost about $75. Someone could duplicate my setup with used parts for probably less than $200. It's a 2.5lb bottle, 18 inch hose, NOS SuperPower Shot solenoid, another 12 inch line, then the Halo ring. Just set the bottle under the airbox, I pulled power from my horn switch on the CTS-V, and it was completely hidden!!

As far as meth goes, whatever washer fluid you can find cheapest locally. Most are 51% methanol if you get the -20 degree kind.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote