Thread: Z/28
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 07:47 AM   #9
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/284ever View Post
Sounds good, I didn't realize that.

Well, let me say that a $90K Z/28 is a non starter with me. If it's purpose is to compete with a GT350/R, pricing it $30,000 more than it's competitor would be foolish.

The ZL1 1LE is a track animal, but does it fulfill the Z/28 legacy? You could certainly do 10 threads just on that topic. The SS 1LE is probably the closest thing to the original Z/28 formula in the line up right now. Also keep in mind that Ford developed a super expensive FPC motor for the GT350 and priced it in the $50's. A "hot cammed" LT1 could be developed for peanuts in comparison.

Call me old fashioned, but I just think a normally aspirated, free revving smallblock is a spiritual experience and is what should power a Z/28. Imagine not needing a couple hundred pounds of coolers and ancillaries to support a supercharger. It would be a different driving experience, on the road and on the track.

Be true to the Z/28 lineage, push those emotional car buttons that so many of us have, price it in the $57-$65K range like it's direct competitors and even if it wouldn't match a monster ZL1 1LE around the 'ring, who cares. But I'd betcha it'd be a driver's race.
and allow it to be optioned up to extreme track like the GS Z07 so that the base Z/28 is more accessible.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote