Thread: Hellcat vs ZL1
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 03:56 PM   #75
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Agree with BlaqWhole. I love all of those cars on that list and there aren't many things I wouldn't trade to have one, but if I could pick between any of those and a HC for a every day daily driver for a few years, without question I'd bet on the Hellcat. It's a basic 6.2L American V8 with a supercharger on it and I know people that daily drive them in all conditions (Local MI guys drive them through a foot of snow with Blizzark (sp?) tires no problem).

As far as Data, well, you've got us there, there really isn't any. But for example, 99% of those cars will need insanely expensive and insanely regular service. The Ferrari, oil change you say? $1000-$2000. Maybe more if you need some other work. New rotors/pads? Thousands and thousands of dollars. Oh if you get an acid compound on a carbon ceramic rotor of an exotic, you're in it for HUGE money for a roto/pad setup, I think a full setup of brakes alone on an F12 are around $30,000! You hit the 10,000 mile mark, cam belts and some other gaskets and things are now mandatory. Pff, easy $5,000, maybe $10,000. I love Ferrari (Favorite exotic brand) and an F12 is a grail car for me. I'm not going to speak against the actual reliability of an the engine, however I would NEVER put a gorgeous work of art that is an F12/Huarya/P1 etc. through the conditions of a daily driver.

Sidenote, how about that Agera R One:1 that can get from 0-249 miles an hour in just ten seconds.
Where did I mention DD or maintenance costs? I said reliability strictly, how often things break. If you look at the chart Dodge is near the bottom, both Mercedes and Porsche near the top.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk