View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 07:57 PM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I have some electrical background, but ask me about the electrical on these cars and you will get the old deer/headlight look...

That said, I will say that when the BCM acts up, strange things happen. I replaced mine about a year ago or so now, when I just couldn't for the life of me get my passenger rear side markers to light up. Why just that light and not the others? I thought...

Quickly soon after, my passenger side tail lights went out. What the heck? Nothing else was acting weird, but for the life of me I could not get them to work after extensive troubleshooting myself... even with my fleet mechanic. He brought out the testers and all the fancy electrical tools, and obviously power wasn't getting to them, but why???

I finally said screw it, I'm taking it to a local Car Electrical shop that had banners and all that saying - we can solve any vehicle electrical problem. Okay, prove it! heh...

Took it in and a few hrs later, they tell me the BCM is having problems. Damn... so what's this going to cost me? In the end it was 450 in parts, 150 in labor. They order the part, it comes in the next day... I get the call and take the car back in... about an hour later I'm driving away, all problems behind me!

I was skeptical at first... too good to be true... I swear I struggled for at least a couple of weeks. But to this day have had no further issues.

I know that a lot of us would prefer to find the cause of a problem and work at it ourselves... but sometimes you really need to take it to people who study this, make this their lives, and are good at it, in order to fix these problems.

I would say definitely have it checked out... I have no idea where they pulled the BCM from, lol, but just glad they did. If I ever have to replace it again, I'll definitely dive deep towards doing it myself.

Not much help, but just my story.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote