View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 05:52 PM   #25
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
In town there is an EFI school, and it run by a guy that was a pro stock driver, found this today on his work with comp cam and making an LS spin 11K and where there at now.

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/efi-u...ct-spinal-tap/
I've seen the video a few months ago when a fellow engine builder called me and we laughed.

What they really need to focus on is if the Head can also support the FLOW at such High-REV rpms.

You guys really need to stop by some of the NASCAR-level engine builders some time. High-revving SBC's are and have been the staple in both Busch Car and NASCAR Racing for years.

What the video doesn't show you is the "Dark-Work or "secret" stuff they're putting out for the current U.S. Teams.

There's behind the scenes "R&D" everyday, when U.S. race teams have advanced to something new, their old trick stuff trickles down and becomes the latest New stuff. Thus a new youtube video is born...lol

If you want to have fun like I do just try to pull out HP gains WITHOUT modifying your Factory Stock Car. That takes tenacity, more skill, and thinking out-of-the-box than just buying, adding, buying, adding parts.

IMHO, current today's ZL1 fast runners are only using existing "Dark-Work" and rarely inventing new break throughs.

Btw, Doesn't anyone remember NHRA Stock-based Classes and what "Grumpy" Jenkings did with a SBC?

Last edited by PinHead; 08-10-2017 at 06:17 PM.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote